TappyTop Search is a search engine used for advertising. It replaces your homepage or a default search engine unexpectedly while you install freeware. TappyTop Search is not malicious. It is classified as PUM (potentially unwanted modification) of your browser settings that redirect your search to this custom search engine. TappyTop Search can compromise your security and privacy in various ways. It is usually installed if you fail to block options for additional program installation, while removal process for this search engines might be more complicated than removing other programs. Adware that might be installed along with this search engine makes your task even more difficult. This guide will help you to uninstall TappyTop Search and remove browser extensions related to this search engine.
Browser hijacker replaces default search engine and homepage with TappyTop Search search engines designed for advertising and promotion. Users get many irrelevant links and advertising in Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It is better to uninstall TappyTop Search and remove bundled adware from your computer because this software can compromise your security.
Brief Information for TappyTop Search Removal
TappyTop Search has some components installed as a Windows programs, but the name is not always known. It also installs browser extensions that work together with the application and spy on your browsing history. This helps to display related ads and links that attract your clicks and increase profit they generate. TappyTop Search design is quite complex, and it helps to protect this search engine against removal by unexperienced computer users.
- YOU CAN uninstall any suspicious application as you uninstall any other program. It is possible if the uninstaller for TappyTop Search is not missed or removed.
- YOU HAVE TO uninstall suspicious browser extensions from your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer that are infected with TappyTop Search.
You need to complete both of these steps for uninstalling TappyTop Search. Remove TappyTop Search components from all of web browsers listed above even if you use only one because hijacker can easily come back if you fail to complete TappyTop Search removal process.
Automated TappyTop Search Removal
The advantage of automated TappyTop Search removal is obvious when it comes to possibility of other bundled adware and more serious computer infections present on your computer. TappyTop Search and like adware is often bundled with similar products, and you need to identify malicious programs before you can remove them from your computer.
SpyHunter can find and remove all malicious programs for you. Reliable malware detection, timely updated virus database, and professional support all guarantee you success in TappyTop Search and other malware removal.
Detailed removal guide placed below can help you to manually remove TappyTop Search. However, it will be more difficult to find and remove bundled adware and other malicious programs without effective tools and professional help offered by Enigma Software Group.
Step 1. Manually Uninstall TappyTop Search Application
For uninstalling TappyTop Search you need to use special Windows utility designed for removing installed applications. It is placed in Control Panel section. Access to Control Panel is different on different Windows version. Though, the utility for uninstalling Windows applications is very similar in use on all versions. Uninstall any suspicious application installed at the same moment.
Uninstall Application – Windows 8
- Right click "Start" button or lower left corner of your desktop to open the "Quick Access Menu".
- Select "Control Panel" option in the menu.
- Click "Uninstall a Program" to open the list of installed programs.
- Select malicious program and click "Uninstall" button.
Uninstall Application – Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button placed at the bottom left corner.
- Click "Control Panel" option in the Start menu
- Find "Programs and Features" option in the Control Panel menu
- Scroll through the program list and highlight malicious program. Then, click "Uninstall"
Uninstall Application – Windows XP
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner on your desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu, or click on "Settings" option and select "Control Panel"
- Find and double-click on "Add / Remove Programs" option in the Control Panel menu
- Scroll through the program list and click on malicious program. Then, click Remove"
Look for other suspicious programs and remove them. If you are not sure what some program is for, then use SpyHunter’s free scanner for detecting malicious programs that you need to remove for safety. You can check suspicious names with list of adware and remove programs and browser extensions with matching names.
What Can You Do if TappyTop Search Won’t Uninstall?
1) If you cannot find TappyTop Search in the list of installed Windows programs, then the uninstaller is probably missed or removed. You need to find and manually remove TappyTop Search components from your computer. Use Windows “Search” utility and look for files and folders that have “TappyTop Search”, or the most specific word as a part of the name. This will help to find locations on your disk where TappyTop Search components are installed. You also can check “Program Files” and “Application Data” folders, but search is preferred for detecting precise locations that might vary.
2) If you see error messages while trying to uninstall TappyTop Search, then try to close your web browser and try again. Use your mobile device for accessing this guide, or save it as a text file. Then, you can use it without starting your web browser. Disconnect your computer form the Internet for blocking redirects that can somehow interfere with your attempt to make changes in your web browsers.
3) TappyTop Search infects links to your web browsers placed on a desktop and in Windows menus. It helps to make TappyTop Search stubborn. It comes back even if components are removed and you web browser settings are fixed unless you fix these links. Below are instructions for fixing links infected with the redirect.
4) Use SpyHunter for easy and safe uninstall. This software helps to remove malicious programs found on your computer and provides real-time protection against malware and viruses that alter settings of your web browsers. It protects your network against intrusion and malicious attempts to control your computer from remote location.
Step 2. Uninstall TappyTop Search from Your Web Browsers
You need to remove any suspicious and other suspicious extensions, add-ons, or BHO (browser helper objects) from your web browser if you want to remove TappyTop Search search. Below is a list of instructions that will help to finish uninstall quickly. Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox are mostly used web browsers, and so, they are frequently infected. Browser reset will remove all extensions and fix malicious settings that are responsible for redirecting your search engine and homepage to unwanted web address.
Reset Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome
- Click on the browser "Menu button" (three bars in the right top corner)
- Select "Settings" menu option
- Find a link "Show advanced settings" and click it
- Scroll all the way down and click "Reset browser settings" button
- Click on "Reset" to confirm the operation
Important: If you want to save other Chrome extensions and your personal settings, then you need to remove unwanted extensions and fix your web browser instead of running reset command.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer
- Click on "Settings" ("wrench" icon) in the right top corner
- Click on "Internet Options"
- Click on tab "Advanced"
- Find "Reset" button and click it
- Enable the option "Delete personal Settings"
- Click on "Reset" button
- Restart your browser
Important: If you want to save other extensions installed in your Internet Explorer, then you need to only remove unwanted browser helper objects and fix your web browser settings instead of making reset.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox
- Click on "Menu" (tree bars in in the right top corner)
- Select "Help" and click "Troubleshooting information"
- Click on "Reset Firefox"
- Click on "Reset Firefox" to confirm the operation
- Click on "Finish" to restart Firefox
Important: If you want to save other Firefox add-ons and your personal information stored in the web browser, then you need to only remove unwanted add-ons and fix your browser settings instead of using browser reset.
Fix Shortcut Links Infected with TappyTop Search Redirect
TappyTop Search can infect links to web browsers placed on your desktop, in Quick Start Menu (bar at the bottom of a desktop), and standard Windows menu. This trick makes TappyTop Search difficult to remove completely. It looks like it won’t go away before you fix these infected links. For this purpose you need to remove trailing attachments placed after links to your browser’s executable file. Otherwise, web browser is started with an attribute that redirects it to TappyTop Search.
- Find short-cut links with browser icons.placed on your desctop, in Main menu, and in Quick Access menu located on the bottom bar
- Right-click on the link to open pop-up menu.
- Go to the very bottom and click on “Properties” menu option.
- In the dialogue box click “Target” field and remove any characters placed after [browser_name].exe in the URL.
- These malicious tails are the redirects to TappyTop Search started along with your web browser.
- Click “OK” button and move on to other desktop links related to your web browsers.
Repeat this procedure for links to all of your web browsers placed in Windows menu and in Quick Access Menu located on the left side at the desktop bottom.
TappyTop Search Removal Tool
Removal tool is a part of SpyHunter that detects and removes malware and other unwelcome programs that computer users want to remove. It offers free professional support and helps to protect your Windows system against future infections.
SpyHunter offers quality detection and clean malware removal. It can find and fix problems missed by competing products. Moreover, this product is not limited to software performance. It includes free professional malware removal support that fixes problems related to mutating viruses and stubborn computer infections. Successful result is guaranteed.
Summary of TappyTop Search Removal Process
Browser hijackers compromise your security and privacy. Such programs are wide-spread today, and they are often deceptively installed. Hijacker can hide under name that doesn’t look suspicious when it is installed on your computer. However, some hijackers do not have components, and the redirect is set by the download clients during program installation. You can remove TappyTop Search both automatically and manually, but automated way is preferable because it helps to remove other malicious programs.
Look at the list of steps for TappyTop Search manual removal and perform all the procedures listed below as they apply to your particular computer system.
Uninstall TappyTop Search from your computer:
- Uninstall TappyTop Search from Windows 8
- Uninstall TappyTop Search from Windows 7 and Vista
- Uninstall TappyTop Search from Windows XP
Remove TappyTop Search from infected web browsers:
- Uninstall TappyTop Search from Google Chrome
- Uninstall TappyTop Search from Internet Explorer
- Uninstall TappyTop Search from Mozilla Firefox
Problems related to TappyTop Search removal:
Note: You can use SpyHunter instead of performing all the steps listed above. Advanced malware scanner is a great help for your manual removal effort, and it is free. If you suspect that there are more malicious programs running on your PC and in your web browsers, then you need somehow to detect them before you can eliminate danger to your security and privacy. Download a free malware scanner that will provide you with actual and detailed information about malicious and unsafe programs found on your computer. This information helps to manually remove infected files and registry keys. You can use this software for automated removal process that will uninstall TappyTop Search and other like malicious programs. SpyHunter offers free professional support and helps to protect your system against future infections and threats similat to TappyTop Search.
… we appreciate your generous shares that help other people to fight malware.