BrowserHunt is one of unwelcome rogue search engines that are deceptively installed with other freeware. It redirects your homepage or a search engine to Browserhunt.com that is used for advertising and promotion. Components of the hijacker related to BrowserHunt are installed on your computer as a program and web browser extensions or add-ons. Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer are usually infected with Browserhunt.com after you failed to block this optional browser modification while installing freeware. Removing BrowserHunt related programs and replacing the redirect to Browserhunt.com with your preferred search engine is quite complicated for computer users that did not removed such adware previously. This guide will help you to uninstall BrowserHunt and remove browser extensions related to this search redirector.
Browser hijackers replace default search engine and homepage with different custom search engines designed for advertising and promotion. Users of such rogue search engine will get many irrelevant links and see advertising in your web browser. Cyber criminals can use inexpensive promotion for infecting your computer with various malicious programs. It is better to uninstall BrowserHunt search and remove bundled adware from your computer unless you value its features and ready to assume risks.
Brief Information for BrowserHunt Removal
Browserhunt.com has components installed as a Windows programs. It is also installed as web browser extensions, add-ons, and BHO (browser helper objects) that work together with the application, spy on your web browsing history and deliver ads and promoted links that match you browsing history. This helps to increase number of clicks and profit they generate. BrowserHunt design is quite complex, and it helps to protect the redirect against removal by computer users without experience in removing programs similar to BrowserhHunt search.
- YOU CAN uninstall an application related to BrowserHunt as any other program if the uninstaller for the redirect to Browserhunt.com is not removed. Use a free scanner for detecting malicious programs that can redirect your browers to unwante URLs and display ads. This software is reliable and helps to remove adware from your computer.
- YOU HAVE TO uninstall web browser extensions from your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer that are infected with Browserhunt.com.
You need to complete both of these steps for uninstalling Browserhunt.com. Remove Browserhunt.com components from all of web browsers listed above even if you use only one because hijacker can easily come back if you fail to complete Browserhunt.com removal process.
Automated BrowserHunt Search Removal
The advantage of automated removal is obvious when it comes to possibility of other bundled adware and more serious computer infections present on your computer. BrowserHunt search is often bundled with similar products, and you need to identify malicious programs before you can remove them from your computer.
SpyHunter can find and remove all malicious programs for you. Reliable malware detection, timely updated virus database, and professional support all guarantee you success in Browserhunt.com and other malware removal.
Detailed removal guide placed below can help you to manually remove BrowserHunt search. However, it will be more difficult to find and remove bundled adware and other malicious programs without effective tools and professional help offered by Enigma Software Group.
Step 1. Manually Uninstall BrowserHunt Search Application
For uninstalling Browserhunt.com you need to use special Windows utility designed for removing installed applications. It is placed in Control Panel section. Access to Control Panel is different on different Windows version. Though, the utility for uninstalling Windows applications is very similar in use on all versions. Uninstall Browserhunt.com and other suspicious applications.
Uninstall Application – Windows 8
- Right click "Start" button or lower left corner of your desktop to open the "Quick Access Menu".
- Select "Control Panel" option in the menu.
- Click "Uninstall a Program" to open the list of installed programs.
- Select malicious program and click "Uninstall" button.
Uninstall Application – Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button placed at the bottom left corner.
- Click "Control Panel" option in the Start menu
- Find "Programs and Features" option in the Control Panel menu
- Scroll through the program list and highlight malicious program. Then, click "Uninstall"
Uninstall Application – Windows XP
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner on your desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu, or click on "Settings" option and select "Control Panel"
- Find and double-click on "Add / Remove Programs" option in the Control Panel menu
- Scroll through the program list and click on malicious program. Then, click Remove"
Look for other suspicious programs and remove them. If you are not sure what some program is for, then use SpyHunter’s free scanner for detecting malicious programs that you need to remove for safety. You can check suspicious names with list of adware and remove programs and browser extensions with matching names.
What Can You Do if BrowserHunt search Won’t Uninstall?
1) If you cannot find Browserhunt.com in the list of installed Windows programs, then the uninstaller is probably missed or removed. You need to find and manually remove Browserhunt.com components from your computer. Use Windows “Search” utility and look for files and folders that have “Browserhunt.com”, or the most specific word as a part of the name. This will help to find locations on your disk where Browserhunt.com components are installed. You also can check “Program Files” and “Application Data” folders, but search is preferred for detecting precise locations that might vary.
2) If you see error messages while trying to uninstall BrowserHunt, then try to close your web browser and try again. Use your mobile device for accessing this guide, or save it as a text file. Then, you can use it without starting your web browser. Disconect your computer form the Internet for blocking redirects that can somehow interfere with your removal effort.
3) Browserhunt.com can also infect links used for starting your web browsers that are placed on a desktop and in Windows menus. It helps to protect Browserhunt.com against removal. Then this search would come back even if its program components are removed and you web browser settings are fixed. Below are instructions for fixing links infected with the redirect.
4) Use SpyHunter for easy and safe uninstall. This software helps to remove malicious programs found on your computer and provides real-time protection against malware and viruses that alter settings of your web browsers. It protects your network against intrusion and malicious attempts to control your computer from remote location.
Step 2. Uninstall BrowserHunt search from Your Web Browsers
You need to remove Browserhunt.com extension, add-on, or BHO (browser helper object) from your web browser if you want to remove Browserhunt.com Toolbar. Below is a list of instructions that will help to finish uninstall quickly. Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox are mostly used web browsers, and so, they are frequently infected. Browser reset will remove all extensions and fix malicious settings that are responsible for redirecting your search engine and homepage to s.Browserhunt.com.com.
Reset Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome
- Click on the browser "Menu button" (three bars in the right top corner)
- Select "Settings" menu option
- Find a link "Show advanced settings" and click it
- Scroll all the way down and click "Reset browser settings" button
- Click on "Reset" to confirm the operation
Important: If you want to save other Chrome extensions and your personal settings, then you need to remove unwanted extensions and fix your web browser instead of running reset command.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer
- Click on "Settings" ("wrench" icon) in the right top corner
- Click on "Internet Options"
- Click on tab "Advanced"
- Find "Reset" button and click it
- Enable the option "Delete personal Settings"
- Click on "Reset" button
- Restart your browser
Important: If you want to save other extensions installed in your Internet Explorer, then you need to only remove unwanted browser helper objects and fix your web browser settings instead of making reset.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox
- Click on "Menu" (tree bars in in the right top corner)
- Select "Help" and click "Troubleshooting information"
- Click on "Reset Firefox"
- Click on "Reset Firefox" to confirm the operation
- Click on "Finish" to restart Firefox
Important: If you want to save other Firefox add-ons and your personal information stored in the web browser, then you need to only remove unwanted add-ons and fix your browser settings instead of using browser reset.
Fix Shortcut Links Infected with Browserhunt.com Redirect
Browserhunt.com can infect links to web browsers placed on your desktop, in Quick Start Menu (bar at the bottom of a desktop), and standard Windows menu. This trick makes Browserhunt.com difficult to remove. It just won’t go away before you fix these infected links. For this you need to remove trailing attachments placed after links to your browser’s executable file. Otherwise, web browser is started with an attribute that redirects it to Browserhunt.com.
- Find short-cut links with browser icons.placed on your desctop, in Main menu, and in Quick Access menu located on the bottom bar
- Right-click on the link to open pop-up menu.
- Go to the very bottom and click on “Properties” menu option.
- In the dialogue box click “Target” field and remove any characters placed after [browser_name].exe in the URL.
- These malicious tails are the redirects to Browserhunt.com started along with your web browser.
- Click “OK” button and move on to other desktop links related to your web browsers.
Repeat this procedure for links to all of your web browsers placed in Windows menu and in Quick Access Menu located on the left side at the desktop bottom.
Browserhunt.com Removal Tool
Removal tool is a part of SpyHunter that detects and removes malware and other unwelcome programs that computer users want to remove. It offers free professional support and helps to protect your Windows system against future infections.
SpyHunter offers quality detection and clean malware removal. It can find and fix problems missed by competing products. Moreover, this product is not limited to software performance. It includes free professional malware removal support that fixes problems related to mutating viruses and stubborn computer infections. Successful result is guaranteed.
Summary of BrowserHunt Search Removal Process
Browser hijackers compromise your security and privacy. Such programs are wide-spread today, and they are often deceptively installed. Hijacker can hide under name that doesn’t look suspicious when it is installed on your computer. However, some hijackers do not have components, and the redirect is set by the download clients during program installation. You can remove Browserhunt.com both automatically and manually, but automated way is preferable because it helps to remove other malicious programs.
Look at the list of steps for BrowserHunt manual removal and perform all the procedures listed below as they apply to your particular computer system.
Uninstall Browserhunt.com from your computer:
- Uninstall BrowserHunt from Windows 8
- Uninstall BrowserHunt from Windows 7 and Vista
- Uninstall BrowserHunt from Windows XP
Remove Browserhunt.com from infected web browsers:
- Uninstall Browserhunt.com from Google Chrome
- Uninstall Browserhunt.com from Internet Explorer
- Uninstall Browserhunt.com from Mozilla Firefox
Problems related to Browserhunt.com removal:
Note: You can use SpyHunter instead of performing all the steps listed above. Advanced malware scanner is a great help for your manual removal effort, and it is free. If you suspect that there are more malicious programs running on your PC and in your web browsers, then you need somehow to detect them before you can eliminate danger to your security and privacy. Download a free malware scanner that will provide you with actual and detailed information about malicious and unsafe programs found on your computer. This information helps to manually remove infected files and registry keys. You can use this software for automated removal process that will uninstall Browserhunt.com and other like malicious programs. SpyHunter offers free professional support and helps to protect your system against unwanted programs and modification similar to Browserhunt.com installation.
… we appreciate your generous shares that help other people to fight malware.