Safesurfs.net is a rogue search engine that offers some social network links and claims, or implies, secure browsing. However, this search is often deceptively installed with freeware and used for advertising and gathering private information about users. Software used for advertising is not related to viruse infection, and anti-virus software often let Safesurfs.net to replace your browser settings while assuming that the installation is your true intent. You need to be careful and sort programs before you install freeware because Safesurfs.net installation is ran automatically unless you disable this option. It is not always easy to locate a program that causes unwanted search redirection. You need some detection tool that can find malicious files and other components related to Safesurfs.net and similar adware. This guide outlines procedures that help to remove Safesurfs.net from your web browsers.
Browser hijackers replace default search engine and homepage with different custom search engines designed for advertising and promotion. Safesurfs.net is one of unwanted search pages used for this purpose. Users of such rogue search engine will get many irrelevant links and see advertising in your web browser. Cyber criminals can use inexpensive promotion for infecting your computer with various malicious programs. It is better to uninstall Safesurfs.net and remove bundled adware from your computer unless you value its features and ready to assume risks.
Brief Information for Safesurfs.net Removal
Safesurfs.net has components installed as a Windows programs. It is also installed as web browser extensions, add-ons, and BHO (browser helper objects) that work together with the application, spy on your web browsing history and deliver ads and promoted links that match you browsing history. This helps to increase number of clicks and profit they generate. Safesurfs.net design is quite complex, and it helps to protect the redirect against removal by computer users without experience in removing programs similar to Safesurfs.net.
- YOU CAN find and uninstall suspicious applications related to Safesurfs.net as you would remove any other Windows program unless the uninstaller for this application is not missed or removed.
- YOU HAVE TO uninstall adware extensions that are related to this redirect from your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer before you fix your browser settings and replace the redirect to Safesurfs.net with your preffered search engine.
Complete both of these steps for uninstalling Esurf search and remove its components from all of web browsers listed above even if you use only one because hijacker can easily come back if you fail to complete Safesurfs.net removal process.
Automated Safesurfs.net Removal
The advantage of automated Safesurfs.net removal is obvious when it comes to possibility of other bundled adware and more serious computer infections present on your computer. Safesurfs.net and like adware is often bundled with similar products, and you need to identify malicious programs before you can remove them from your computer.
SpyHunter can find and remove all malicious programs for you. Reliable malware detection, timely updated virus database, and professional support all guarantee you success in Safesurfs.net and other malware removal.
Detailed removal guide placed below can help you to manually remove Safesurfs.net. However, it will be more difficult to find and remove bundled adware and other malicious programs without effective tools and professional help offered by Enigma Software Group.
Step 1. Manually Uninstall Safesurfs.net Application
For uninstalling Safesurfs.net you need to use special Windows utility designed for removing installed applications. It is placed in Control Panel section. Access to Control Panel is different on different Windows version. Though, the utility for uninstalling Windows applications is very similar in use on all versions. Uninstall any suspicious application installed at the same moment when you notice the redirect or use a free scanner that will help to find malicious stuff.
Uninstall Application – Windows 8
- Right click "Start" button or lower left corner of your desktop to open the "Quick Access Menu".
- Select "Control Panel" option in the menu.
- Click "Uninstall a Program" to open the list of installed programs.
- Select malicious program and click "Uninstall" button.
Uninstall Application – Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button placed at the bottom left corner.
- Click "Control Panel" option in the Start menu
- Find "Programs and Features" option in the Control Panel menu
- Scroll through the program list and highlight malicious program. Then, click "Uninstall"
Uninstall Application – Windows XP
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner on your desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu, or click on "Settings" option and select "Control Panel"
- Find and double-click on "Add / Remove Programs" option in the Control Panel menu
- Scroll through the program list and click on malicious program. Then, click Remove"
Look for other suspicious programs and remove them. If you are not sure what some program is for, then use SpyHunter’s free scanner for detecting malicious programs that you need to remove for safety. You can check suspicious names with list of adware and remove programs and browser extensions with matching names.
What Can You Do if Safesurfs.net Won’t Uninstall?
1) If you cannot find programs related to Safesurfs.net in the list of installed Windows programs, then try to use Windows “Search” utility and look for files and folders that have “Safesurfs.net”, or the most specific word as a part of the name. This will help to find locations on your disk where Safesurfs.net components are installed. You also can check “Program Files” and “Application Data” folders, but search is preferred for detecting precise locations that might vary.
2) If you see error messages while trying to uninstall Safesurfs.net, then try to close your web browser and try again. Use your mobile device for accessing this guide, or save it as a text file. Then, you can use it without starting your web browser. Disconnect your computer form the Internet for blocking redirects that can somehow interfere with your attempt to make changes in your web browsers.
3) Safesurfs.net infects links to your web browsers placed on a desktop and in Windows menus. It helps to make Safesurfs.net stubborn. It comes back even if components are removed and you web browser settings are fixed unless you fix these links. Below are instructions for fixing links infected with the redirect.
4) Use SpyHunter for easy and safe uninstall. This software helps to remove malicious programs found on your computer and provides real-time protection against malware and viruses that alter settings of your web browsers. It protects your network against intrusion and malicious attempts to control your computer from remote location.
Step 2. Uninstall Safesurfs.net from Your Web Browsers
You need to remove Safesurfs.net extension, add-on, or BHO (browser helper object) from your web browser if you want to remove Safesurfs.net Toolbar. Below is a list of instructions that will help to finish uninstall quickly. Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox are mostly used web browsers, and so, they are frequently infected. Browser reset will remove all extensions and fix malicious settings that are responsible for redirecting your search engine and homepage to unwanted web address.
Reset Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome
- Click on the browser "Menu button" (three bars in the right top corner)
- Select "Settings" menu option
- Find a link "Show advanced settings" and click it
- Scroll all the way down and click "Reset browser settings" button
- Click on "Reset" to confirm the operation
Important: If you want to save other Chrome extensions and your personal settings, then you need to remove unwanted extensions and fix your web browser instead of running reset command.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer
- Click on "Settings" ("wrench" icon) in the right top corner
- Click on "Internet Options"
- Click on tab "Advanced"
- Find "Reset" button and click it
- Enable the option "Delete personal Settings"
- Click on "Reset" button
- Restart your browser
Important: If you want to save other extensions installed in your Internet Explorer, then you need to only remove unwanted browser helper objects and fix your web browser settings instead of making reset.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox
- Click on "Menu" (tree bars in in the right top corner)
- Select "Help" and click "Troubleshooting information"
- Click on "Reset Firefox"
- Click on "Reset Firefox" to confirm the operation
- Click on "Finish" to restart Firefox
Important: If you want to save other Firefox add-ons and your personal information stored in the web browser, then you need to only remove unwanted add-ons and fix your browser settings instead of using browser reset.
Fix Shortcut Links Infected with Safesurfs.net Redirect
Safesurfs.net can infect links to web browsers placed on your desktop, in Quick Start Menu (bar at the bottom of a desktop), and standard Windows menu. This trick makes Safesurfs.net difficult to remove. It just won’t go away before you fix these infected links. For this you need to remove trailing attachments placed after links to your browser’s executable file. Otherwise, web browser is started with an attribute that redirects it to Safesurfs.net.
- Find short-cut links with browser icons.placed on your desctop, in Main menu, and in Quick Access menu located on the bottom bar
- Right-click on the link to open pop-up menu.
- Go to the very bottom and click on “Properties” menu option.
- In the dialogue box click “Target” field and remove any characters placed after [browser_name].exe in the URL.
- These malicious tails are the redirects to Safesurfs.net started along with your web browser.
- Click “OK” button and move on to other desktop links related to your web browsers.
Repeat this procedure for links to all of your web browsers placed in Windows menu and in Quick Access Menu located on the left side at the desktop bottom.
Safesurfs.net Removal Tool
Removal tool is a part of SpyHunter that detects and removes malware and other unwelcome programs that computer users want to remove. It offers free professional support and helps to protect your Windows system against future infections.
SpyHunter offers quality detection and clean malware removal. It can find and fix problems missed by competing products. Moreover, this product is not limited to software performance. It includes free professional malware removal support that fixes problems related to mutating viruses and stubborn computer infections. Successful result is guaranteed.
Summary of Safesurfs.net Removal Process
Browser hijackers compromise your security and privacy. Such programs are wide-spread today, and they are often deceptively installed. Hijacker can hide under name that doesn’t look suspicious when it is installed on your computer. However, some hijackers do not have components, and the redirect is set by the download clients during program installation. You can remove Safesurfs.net both automatically and manually, but automated way is preferable because it helps to remove other malicious programs.
Look at the list of steps for Safesurfs.net manual removal and perform all the procedures listed below as they apply to your particular computer system.
Uninstall Safesurfs.net from your computer:
- Remove Safesurfs.net from Windows 8
- Remove Safesurfs.net from Windows 7 and Vista
- Remove Safesurfs.net from Windows XP
Remove Safesurfs.net from infected web browsers:
- Remove Safesurfs.net from Google Chrome
- Remove Safesurfs.net from Internet Explorer
- Remove Safesurfs.net from Mozilla Firefox
Problems related to Safesurfs.net removal:
Note: You can use SpyHunter instead of performing all the steps listed above. Advanced malware scanner is a great help for your manual removal effort, and it is free. If you suspect that there are more malicious programs running on your PC and in your web browsers, then you need somehow to detect them before you can eliminate danger to your security and privacy. Download a free malware scanner that will provide you with actual and detailed information about malicious and unsafe programs found on your computer. This information helps to manually remove infected files and registry keys. You can use this software for automated removal process that will uninstall Safesurfs.net and other like malicious programs. SpyHunter offers free professional support and helps to protect your system against future infections and rogue search enginess similar to Safesurfs.net.
… we appreciate your generous shares that help other people to fight malware.