Dregol.com Virus infects your Firefox when it is installed by a browser hijacker that comes with freeware. It installs the add-on installed in your Firefox and replaces your search engine and homepage with different search pages used for promotion. If you want to remove Dregol.com Virus from Firefox, then you have to remove this add-on and restore your favorite homepage and search engine.
Manual Dregol.com Virus Removal
You have two basic options for removing Dregol.com Virus from your Firefox browser manually. The first one takes more steps. However, it allows you to save useful browser extensions, bookmarks, and your custom settings and preferences. The second option will force your web browser to return to its default conditions and remove every single addition made to Firefox by you or someone else.
Automated Dregol.com Virus Removal
The third option: Instead of resorting to manual operations needed for removing Dregol.com Virus you can use SpyHunter’s Dregol.com Virus Removal Tool and get free professional support that helps to make everything in a right way and fix problems. It also can protect your computer against malware.
This software will help you to get rid of other malware that might reside on your computer along with Dregol.com Virus hijacker. Detailed information about infections found on your computer is free and very helpful for those who prefer to remove Dregol.com Virus manually.
Important: Before you start to manually fix your Firefox browser, you have to manually uninstall Dregol.com Virus installed on your computer as a Windows application. Then use the following instructions for removing Dregol.com Virus from your web browser.
Option 1. Remove Dregol.com Virus from Mozilla Firefox
If you install and use Firefox extensions or set important bookmarks, then use the first option because the second one will remove everything. It is better to reset your web browser only if you didn’t customize it yet, or if the first way didn’t help to remove Dregol.com Virus.
Remove Dregol.com Virus Add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Firefox and click on “Tools” option in top menu
- Select “Add-ons” option”
- Click on “Extensions” in the sidebar
- Find WSE_Dregol, RUN_Dregol or similar add-on and right-click it
- Click “Remove” button and restart Firefox
Look at other extensions and remove any that you didn’t install. SpyHunter’s free scanner helps to make it easier because names are deceptive, and it is not easy to find out what is good and bad without professional help. However, if you do not have some important information stored in your Firefox, the reset will work for you as well.
Replace Start.Dregol.com Virus.com with Your Preferred Search Engine
- Launch Mozilla Firefox and enter “about.config” in the address bar
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box that appears and right click it
- Set it to desired search provider instead of dregol.com
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box
- Right-click it and reset it to your preferred search instead of Start.Dregol.com Virus.com
- Search for “browser.newtab.url” and right-click it. Reset it to prevent dregol.com ins automatic start in each new tab opened in your Firefox
- Restart Firefox to complete removal
Replace Dregol.com Virus.com with Your Preferred Homepage address
- Launch Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the Firefox menu and select “Options“
- Find “Startup” section under “General” tab and remove Dregol.com Virus.com
- Type URL of website that you prefer to see as your homepage
- Close Options and restart Firefox
Option 2. Remove Dregol.com Virus by Running Reset for Firefox
Use reset only if you didn’t customize your web browser and didn’t install Firefox extensions. Otherwise, you will loose needed things like passwords that are saved for you and cookies for membership in some of your favorite websites. However, if you still have problems after you remove Dregol.com Virus, then reset might help to remove stubborn unwanted stuff from your Firefox and save your time.
Reset Internet Explorer to remove Dregol.com Virus
- Start Firefox and click “Menu” icon (3 bars) in the top right corner
- Select “Help” and click “Troubleshooting information“
- Click on “Reset Firefox” and confirm this action
- Click on “Finish” to restart Firefox
- Get Free Scan for Malware Detection
Make sure that you uninstalled Dregol.com Virus program and remove temporary internet files
Important: Quite often commercial toolbars are accompanied by adware installed in your Firefox. It is also possible that cyber criminals use bundling for deception and spreading malware. So, your computer might be infected with more viruses, and Dregol.com Virus is just one of threats that reside on your computer.
It is a good idea to download a free anti-malware scanner and let it scan your computer for other malicious and generally unwanted commercial programs. Then you will know what else you need to remove. This security software provides you with detailed information helpful for manual malware removal and offers many various options for system protection. As compared to your antivirus, it is extended to protect your computer against legitimate commercial products similar to Dregol.com Virus.