Blasteroids is a computer game by Acute Angle Solutions, packed with adware, and classified as potentially unwanted program. It is often deceptively installed with other free programs and updates, but you can install it while thinking that it is just a game. Actually, it is adware developed for displaying ads in your web browsers and making money out of your clicks. Download client for a free program that you need is packed with Blasteroids as an optional offer set for automatic installation. If you fail to disable Blasteroids, then it will infect your web browsers. While this program is not malicious, it is not safe to keep Blasteroids adware on your computer.
Brief Information for Blasteroids Removal
Blasteroids is installed as a Windows application Blasteroids.exe and has similarly named web browser extensions that interact with this application and for common adware activities. These Blasteroids components are often similarly named, and you need to remove or disable all of these extensions. Otherwise, Blasteroids virus might be reinstalled with updates.
- YOU CAN easily uninstall Blasteroids application as any other Windows program if the uninstaller for Blasteroids is not missed or removed.
- YOU HAVE TO uninstall web browser extensions related to Blasteroids from your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
Complete both of these adware removal steps for uninstalling Blasteroids components from your web browsers even if you use only one of them because adware might come back if you fail to finish removal process.
Automated Blasteroids Removal
The advantage of automated removal is obvious when it comes to bundled adware and more serious computer infections present on your computer. Blasteroids is often bundled with similar products, and you need to identify malicious programs before you can remove them from your computer.
SpyHunter detects and removes all malicious programs and tracking cookies used for spying on you. Reliable malware detection, timely updated virus database, and free professional support all guarantee you success in Blasteroids and other malware removal. Learn more…
Detailed removal guide placed below helps to remove Blasteroids. However, it will be more difficult to find and remove bundled adware and other malicious programs without effective tools and professional help offered with SpyHunter by Enigma Software Group.
Step 1. Uninstall Blasteroids Application Manually
It is a free Blasteroids removal operation that any computer user can handle. You just need to use the standard Windows utility for removing installed Blasteroids applications. This utility is placed in Control Panel section of the Windows Start Menu. The way of accessing Control Panel varies depend on Windows version, but this utility for uninstalling Windows applications is very similar in use and familiar to any computer user.
Uninstall Blasteroids – Windows 8
- Right click “Start” button or lower left corner of your desktop to open the “Quick Access Menu“.
- Select “Control Panel” option in the menu.
- Click “Uninstall a Program” to open the list of installed programs.
- Find “Blasteroids“, select it, and click “Remove” to uninstall Blasteroids.
Uninstall Blasteroids – Windows 7, Vista
- Click on “Start” button placed at the bottom left corner.
- Click “Control Panel” option in the Start menu
- Find “Programs and Features” option in the Control Panel menu
- Scroll through the program list and highlight Blasteroids program. Then, click “Remove“
Uninstall Blasteroids – Windows XP
- Click on “Start” button at the bottom left corner on your desktop.
- Select “Control Panel” in the menu, or click on “Settings” option and select “Control Panel“
- Find and double-click on “Add / Remove Programs” option in the Control Panel menu
- Scroll through the program list and highlight Blasteroids program. Then, click “Remove“
Look for other suspicious programs and remove them. If you are not sure what some program is for, then use SpyHunter’s free scanner for detecting malicious programs that you need to remove for safety. You can check suspicious names with our list of adware and remove programs and browser extensions that match names in this list.
What Can You Do if Blasteroids Won’t Uninstall?
1) If you cannot find Blasteroids in the list of installed Windows programs, then the uninstaller for Blasteroids is not working, or is removed. Then, you find and manually remove installed components of Blasteroids adware from your computer. Use the standard Windows “Search” utility. Search for files and folders that have “Blasteroids” as a part of the name, and you will get locations on your disk where Blasteroids components reside. You can find this adware in “C:\Program Files\Blasteroids” folder, but search is not optional for precise detection.
2) If you get error messages while trying to uninstall Blasteroids, then close your web browser first. Use your mobile device for accessing this guide, or save it as a text file, and close your web browsers before you try to uninstall Blasteroids again. Disconnect your computer from the Internet during removal. This will help to block any malicious attempt to interfere with your effort and help to uninstall Blasteroids and similar adware.
3) Use SpyHunter for easy and safe uninstall. It will help you to remove all malicious programs found on your computer and provide you with a real-time protection against malware. It helps to block attempts to alter your network settings for remote control and malicious activities.
Step 2. Uninstall Blasteroids from Your Web Browsers
You need to remove Blasteroids extension, add-on, or BHO (browser helper object) from your web browser. Below is a list of instructions for an easiest way of getting this job done. You just reset your Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox because these web browsers are mostly used and frequently infected. This process will remove all extensions and fix malicious settings that redirect listed web browsers to promotional websites.
Reset Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome
- Click on the browser “Menu button” (three bars in the right top corner)
- Select “Settings” menu option
- Find a link “Show advanced settings” and click it
- Scroll all the way down and click “Reset browser settings” button
- Click on “Reset” to confirm the operation
Important: If you want to save other Chrome extensions and your personal settings, then you need to only remove Blasteroids extension from your web browser instead of running reset command.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer
- Click on “Settings” (“wrench” icon) in the right top corner
- Click on “Internet Options“
- Click on tab “Advanced“
- Find “Reset” button and click it
- Enable the option “Delete personal Settings“
- Click on “Reset” button
- Restart your browser
Important: If you want to save other extensions installed in your Internet Explorer, then you need to only remove Blasteroids browser helper object from your web browser instead of making reset.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox
- Click on “Menu” (tree bars in in the right top corner)
- Select “Help” and click “Troubleshooting information“
- Click on “Reset Firefox“
- Click on “Reset Firefox” to confirm the operation
- Click on “Finish” to restart Firefox
Important: If you want to save other Firefox add-ons and your personal information stored in the web browser, then you need to only remove Blasteroids add-on from your web browser instead of using browser reset.
Blasteroids Removal Tool
Blasteroids removal tool is a part of SpyHunter that detects and removes malware and other unwelcome programs that computer users want to remove. It offers free professional support and helps to protect your Windows system against future infections.
SpyHunter offers quality detection and clean malware removal. It can find and fix problems missed by competing products. Moreover, this product is not limited to software performance. It includes free professional malware removal support that fixes problems related to mutating viruses and stubborn computer infections. Successful result is guaranteed.
Summary of Blasteroids Removal Process
Adware programs compromise your security and privacy. They are wide-spread today and often deceptively installed. Adware consists of Windows applications and plugins installed in web browser for displaying ads and tracking your browsing history. You can remove Blasteroids both automatically and manually.
Look at the list of steps for Blasteroids manual removal and perform all the procedures listed below as they apply to your particular computer system.
Uninstall Blasteroids from your computer:
- Uninstall Blasteroids from Windows 8
- Uninstall Blasteroids from Windows 7 and Vista
- Uninstall Blasteroids from Windows XP
Remove Blasteroids from infected web browsers:
- Uninstall Blasteroids from Google Chrome
- Uninstall Blasteroids from Internet Explorer
- Uninstall Blasteroids from Mozilla Firefox
Problems related to Blasteroids removal:
Note: You can use SpyHunter instead of performing all the steps listed above. Advanced malware scanner is a great help for your manual removal effort, and it is free. If you suspect that there are more malicious programs running on your PC and in your web browsers, then you need somehow to detect them before you can eliminate danger to your security and privacy. Download a free malware scanner that will provide you with actual and detailed information about malicious and unsafe programs found on your computer. This information helps to manually remove infected files and registry keys. You can use this software for automated removal process that will uninstall Blasteroids and other like malicious programs. SpyHunter offers free professional support and helps to protect your system against future infections and pc threats similar to Blasteroids.