Living Play is a freeware used for advertising latest games and making money out of your clicks on ads displayed in a web browser. It is classified as PUP (potentially unwanted program) that is often deceptively installed with other free software. Removing Living Play adware is more complicated than removing other adware programs. You can use a free malware scanner that will help you to find malicious files installed for Living Play and other related adware programs. Optionally, you can find out what free programs you installed recently and remove them along with unknown browser extensions. This post provides an outline of procedures and step-by-step instructions that you may use for removing Living Play.
Brief Information for Living Play Removal
Living Play is installed as a Windows application. It is also installed in your web browsers as extension, add-on, or browser helper object. These components are combined in a system that manages adware activities. You need to remove all of these components because automatic update can restore the whole system.
- YOU CAN easily uninstall Living Play application manually as any other Windows program if the uninstaller for Living Play is not missed or removed.
- YOU HAVE TO remove Living Play components installed in your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer even if ads disappear after you uninstall Living Play application.
Both of these steps are required if you want to remove Living Play completely, and you might need some additional effort for removing bundled adware programs in a similar way.
Automated Living Play Removal
The advantage of automated removal is obvious because junkware removal tools scan your computer for all similar infections, and some of them are more dangerous than adware programs. Then you can remove this malware along with Living Play. Otherwise, you need to detect malicious programs by other means and remove dangerous infections that can compromise your security and privacy.
SpyHunter detects and removes all malicious programs and tracking cookies used for spying on you. Reliable malware detection, timely updated virus database, and free professional support all guarantee you success in Living Play and other malware removal. Learn more…
Detailed Living Play removal guide is placed below. However, it will be more difficult to find and remove other malicious programs without special software and professional support offered to you by Enigma Software Group.
Step 1. Uninstall Living Play Application Manually
Use Living Play removal operation that computer user often overlook. Standard Windows utility for uninstalling applications will remove Living Play adware in the most efficient way. You can find this utility in the Control Panel menu. The way of accessing Control Panel varies depend on Windows version, but this utility for uninstalling Windows applications is easy-to-use on any version and familiar to most of computer user. Just find and uninstall
Uninstall Application – Windows 8
- Right click "Start" button or lower left corner of your desktop to open the "Quick Access Menu".
- Select "Control Panel" option in the menu.
- Click "Uninstall a Program" to open the list of installed programs.
- Select malicious program and click "Uninstall" button.
Uninstall Application – Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button placed at the bottom left corner.
- Click "Control Panel" option in the Start menu
- Find "Programs and Features" option in the Control Panel menu
- Scroll through the program list and highlight malicious program. Then, click "Uninstall"
Uninstall Application – Windows XP
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner on your desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu, or click on "Settings" option and select "Control Panel"
- Find and double-click on "Add / Remove Programs" option in the Control Panel menu
- Scroll through the program list and click on malicious program. Then, click Remove"
Look for other suspicious programs and remove them. If you are not sure what some program is for, then use SpyHunter’s free scanner for detecting malicious programs that you need to remove for safety. You can check suspicious names with list of adware and remove programs and browser extensions with matching names.
What Can You Do if Living Play Won’t Uninstall?
1) If you cannot find Living Play in the list of installed Windows programs, then the uninstaller for Living Play is probably missed or removed. Then, you need to find and manually remove installed components of Living Play adware from your computer. Use Windows “Search” utility and look for files and folders that have “GamerHippo” as a part of the name. This will help you to find locations where Living Play components reside. You can also find adware in “Program Files” and “Application Data” folders, where it is usually installed. However, search utility is better for detecting malware in other possible locations.
2) If you get error messages while trying to uninstall Living Play, then close your web browser first. Use your mobile device for accessing this guide, or save it as a text file, and close web browsers that are open. Then try to uninstall Living Play again. Disconnect your computer forms the Internet during removal if adware is not removed despite your effort. This will help to block possible malicious attempts to interfere with your effort to remove Living Play or other adware.
3) Use SpyHunter for easy and safe uninstall. It will help you to remove all malicious programs found on your computer and provide you with a real-time protection against malware. It helps to block attempts to alter your network settings for remote control and malicious activities. Finally, it provides a free professional support for removing malware that security software cannot access for some reason.
Step 2. Uninstall Living Play from Your Web Browsers
You need to remove Living Play extension, add-on, or BHO (browser helper object) from your web browser. Below is a list of instructions for the easiest way of getting this job done. You just reset your Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox because these web browsers are mostly used and frequently infected. This process will remove all extensions and fix malicious settings that redirect listed web browsers to promotional websites. You can also remove suspicious add-ons manually, and some unwanted add-ons used for advertising are installed as managed Chrome extensions. You need to remove these extensions manually from your Chrome.
Reset Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome
- Click on the browser "Menu button" (three bars in the right top corner)
- Select "Settings" menu option
- Find a link "Show advanced settings" and click it
- Scroll all the way down and click "Reset browser settings" button
- Click on "Reset" to confirm the operation
Important: If you want to save other Chrome extensions and your personal settings, then you need to only remove extension from your web browser instead of running reset command.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer
- Click on "Settings" ("wrench" icon) in the right top corner
- Click on "Internet Options"
- Click on tab "Advanced"
- Find "Reset" button and click it
- Enable the option "Delete personal Settings"
- Click on "Reset" button
- Restart your browser
Important: If you want to save other extensions installed in your Internet Explorer, then you need to only remove browser helper object from your web browser instead of making reset.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox
- Click on "Menu" (tree bars in in the right top corner)
- Select "Help" and click "Troubleshooting information"
- Click on "Reset Firefox"
- Click on "Reset Firefox" to confirm the operation
- Click on "Finish" to restart Firefox
Important: If you want to save other Firefox add-ons and your personal information stored in the web browser, then you need to only remove add-on from your web browser instead of using browser reset.
Living Play Removal Tool
Removal tool is a part of SpyHunter that detects and removes malware and other unwelcome programs that computer users want to remove. It offers free professional support and helps to protect your Windows system against future infections.
SpyHunter offers quality detection and clean malware removal. It can find and fix problems missed by competing products. Moreover, this product is not limited to software performance. It includes free professional malware removal support that fixes problems related to mutating viruses and stubborn computer infections. Successful result is guaranteed.
Summary of Living Play Removal Process
Adware programs compromise your security and privacy. They are wide-spread today and often deceptively installed. Adware consists of Windows applications and plugins installed in a web browser for displaying ads and tracking your browsing history. You can remove Living Play both automatically and manually.
Look at the list of steps for Living Play manual removal and perform all the procedures listed below as they apply to your particular computer system.
Uninstall Living Play from your computer:
- Uninstall Living Play from Windows 8
- Uninstall Living Play from Windows 7 and Vista
- Uninstall Living Play from Windows XP
Remove Living Play from infected web browsers:
- Uninstall Living Play from Google Chrome
- Uninstall Living Play from Internet Explorer
- Uninstall Living Play from Mozilla Firefox
Problems related to Living Play removal:
Note: You can use SpyHunter as a junkware removal tool instead of performing all the steps listed above. Advanced free malware scanner it has is a great help for your manual removal effort. If you suspect that there are more malicious programs running on your PC and in your web browsers, then you need somehow to detect them before you can eliminate danger to your security and privacy. Download a free malware scanner that will provide you with actual and detailed information about malicious and unsafe programs found on your computer. This information helps to manually remove infected files and registry keys. You can use this software for automated removal process that will uninstall Living Play and other like malicious programs. SpyHunter offers free professional support and helps to protect your system against future infections and unwanted programs similar to Living Play.
We appreciate your generous shares that help to remove malware..