Safe Finder is a browser hijacker classified as potentially unwanted program that redirects your search to search.safefinder.com. It is often deceptively installed with free programs from the Internet that come with a download client component that contains an installer for a free program and Safe Finder as a bundled optional product set for automatic installation. If you fail to disable Safe Finder before installing other software, then it will be installd on your computer. While this program is not malicious, there are similar security tools without search redirection and promotional activities.
Brief Information for Safe Finder Removal
Safe Finder has components installed as a Windows programs. It is also installed as web browser extensions, add-ons, and BHO (browser helper objects) that work together with the application, spy on your web browsing history and deliver ads and promoted links that match you browsing history. This helps to increase number of clicks and profit they generate. Safe Finder design is quite complex, and it helps to protect the redirect against removal by computer users without experience in removing programs similar to Safe Finder.
- YOU CAN uninstall Safe Finder application as any other program if the uninstaller for Safe Finder is not missed or removed.
- YOU HAVE TO uninstall web browser extensions from your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer that are infected with Safe Finder.
You need to complete both of these steps for uninstalling Safe Finder. Remove Safe Finder components from all of web browsers listed above even if you use only one because hijacker can easily come back if you fail to complete Safe Finder removal process.
Automated Safe Finder Removal
The advantage of automated Safe Finder removal is obvious when it comes to possibility of other bundled adware and more serious computer infections present on your computer. Safe Finder and like adware is often bundled with similar products, and you need to identify malicious programs before you can remove them from your computer.
SpyHunter can find and remove all malicious programs for you. Reliable malware detection, timely updated virus database, and professional support all guarantee you success in Safe Finder and other malware removal.
Detailed removal guide placed below can help you to manually remove Safe Finder. However, it will be more difficult to find and remove bundled adware and other malicious programs without effective tools and professional help offered by Enigma Software Group.
Step 1. Manually Uninstall Safe Finder Application
For uninstalling Safe Finder you need to use special Windows utility designed for removing installed applications. It is placed in Control Panel section. Access to Control Panel is different on different Windows version. Though, the utility for uninstalling Windows applications is very similar in use on all versions.
Uninstall Safe Finder – Windows 8
- Right click “Start” button or lower left corner of your desktop to open the “Quick Access Menu“.
- Select “Control Panel” option in the menu.
- Click “Uninstall a Program” to open the list of installed programs.
- Find “Safe Finder Protector“, select it, and click “Remove” to uninstall Safe Finder.
Uninstall Safe Finder – Windows 7, Vista
- Click on “Start” button placed at the bottom left corner.
- Click “Control Panel” option in the Start menu
- Find “Programs and Features” option in the Control Panel menu
- Scroll through the program list and highlight Safe Finder Protector program. Then, click “Remove“
Uninstall Safe Finder – Windows XP
- Click on “Start” button at the bottom left corner on your desktop.
- Select “Control Panel” in the menu, or click on “Settings” option and select “Control Panel“
- Find and double-click on “Add / Remove Programs” option in the Control Panel menu
- Scroll through the program list and highlight Safe Finder Protector program. Then, click “Remove“
Look for other suspicious programs and remove them. If you are not sure what some program is for, then use SpyHunter’s free scanner for detecting malicious programs that you need to remove for safety.
What Can You Do if Safe Finder Won’t Uninstall?
1) If you cannot find Safe Finder in the list of installed Windows programs, then the uninstaller is probably missed or removed. You need to find and manually remove Safe Finder components from your computer. Use Windows “Search” utility and look for files and folders that have “Safe Finder”, or the most specific word as a part of the name. This will help to find locations on your disk where Safe Finder components are installed. You also can check “Program Files” and “Application Data” folders, but search is preferred for detecting precise locations that might vary.
2) If you see error messages while trying to uninstall Safe Finder, then try to close your web browser and try again. Use your mobile device for accessing this guide, or save it as a text file. Then, you can use it without starting your web browser. Disconnect your computer from the Internet for blocking redirects that can somehow interfere with your attempt to make changes in your web browsers.
3) Safe Finder infects links to your web browsers placed on a desktop and in Windows menus. It helps to make Safe Finder stubborn. It comes back even if components are removed and you web browser settings are fixed unless you fix these links. Below are instructions for fixing links infected with a redirect to Safe Finder.
4) Use SpyHunter for easy and safe uninstall. This software helps to remove malicious programs found on your computer and provides real-time protection against malware and viruses that alter settings of your web browsers. It protects your network against intrusion and malicious attempts to control your computer from remote location.
Step 2. Uninstall Safe Finder from Your Web Browsers
You need to remove extension, add-on, or BHO (browser helper object) related to Save Finder from your web browser if they are found in the list after you uninstall Safe Finder. Then you need to replace Safe Finder Protector Search with you favorite search engine. Browser reset will remove all extensions and fix malicious settings that are responsible for redirecting your search engine and homepage to unwecomed web address, and it is a simple way of fixing problems with your web browsers.
Reset Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome
- Click on the browser “Menu button” (three bars in the right top corner)
- Select “Settings” menu option
- Find a link “Show advanced settings” and click it
- Scroll all the way down and click “Reset browser settings” button
- Click on “Reset” to confirm the operation
Reset Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer
- Click on “Settings” (“wrench” icon) in the right top corner
- Click on “Internet Options“
- Click on tab “Advanced“
- Find “Reset” button and click it
- Enable the option “Delete personal Settings“
- Click on “Reset” button
- Restart your browser
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox
- Click on “Menu” (tree bars in in the right top corner)
- Select “Help” and click “Troubleshooting information“
- Click on “Reset Firefox“
- Click on “Reset Firefox” to confirm the operation
- Click on “Finish” to restart Firefox
Fix Shortcut Links Infected with Safe Finder Redirect
Safe Finder can infect links to web browsers placed on your desktop, in Quick Start Menu (bar at the bottom of a desktop), and standard Windows menu. This trick makes Safe Finder difficult to remove. It just won’t go away before you fix these infected links. For this you need to remove trailing attachments placed after links to your browser’s executable file. Otherwise, web browser is started with an attribute that redirects it to Safe Finder.
- Find short-cut links with browser icons.
- Right-click on the link to open pop-up menu.
- Go to the very bottom and click on “Properties” menu option.
- In the dialogue box click “Target” field and remove any characters placed after [browser_name].exe in the URL.
- These malicious tails are the redirects to Safe Finder started along with your web browser.
- Click “OK” button and move on to other desktop links related to your web browsers.
Repeat this procedure for links to all of your web browsers placed in Windows menu and in Quick Access Menu located on the left side at the desktop bottom.
Safe Finder Removal Tool
Safe Finder removal tool is a part of SpyHunter that detects and removes malware and other unwelcome programs that computer users want to remove. It offers free professional support and helps to protect your Windows system against future infections.
SpyHunter offers quality detection and clean malware removal. It can find and fix problems missed by competing products. Moreover, this product is not limited to software performance. It includes free professional malware removal support that fixes problems related to mutating viruses and stubborn computer infections. Successful result is guaranteed.
Summary of Safe Finder Removal Process
Browser hijackers compromise your security and privacy. Such programs are wide-spread today, and they are often deceptively installed. Hijacker can hide under name that doesn’t look suspicious when it is installed on your computer. However, some hijackers do not have components, and the redirect is set by the download clients during program installation. You can remove Safe Finder both automatically and manually, but automated way is preferable because it helps to remove other malicious programs.
Look at the list of steps for Safe Finder manual removal and perform all the procedures listed below as they apply to your particular computer system.
Uninstall Safe Finder from your computer:
- Uninstall Safe Finder from Windows 8
- Uninstall Safe Finder from Windows 7 and Vista
- Uninstall Safe Finder from Windows XP
Remove Safe Finder from infected web browsers:
- Uninstall Safe Finder from Google Chrome
- Uninstall Safe Finder from Internet Explorer
- Uninstall Safe Finder from Mozilla Firefox
Problems related to Safe Finder removal:
Note: You can use SpyHunter instead of performing all the steps listed above. Advanced malware scanner is a great help for your manual removal effort, and it is free. If you suspect that there are more malicious programs running on your PC and in your web browsers, then you need somehow to detect them before you can eliminate danger to your security and privacy. Download a free malware scanner that will provide you with actual and detailed information about malicious and unsafe programs found on your computer. This information helps to manually remove infected files and registry keys. You can use this software for automated removal process that will uninstall Safe Finder and other like malicious programs. SpyHunter offers free professional support and helps to protect your system against future infections and threats similar to Safe Finder.