ShoppingAdd-on is adware classified as potentially unwanted program because it is often deceptively installed with free programs that come wrapped in a download client. The last contains an installer for a free program that you need and ShoppingAdd-on as an optional offer set for automatic installation. If you fail to disable ShoppingAdd-on, then it will infect your web browsers. While this program is not malicious, it is not safe to keep ShoppingAdd-on adware on your computer.
ShoppingAdd-on adware spies on your web browsing, compromises your privacy, and help cyber criminals to infect your computer with malicious programs via advertising scams. It is better to uninstall ShoppingAdd-on and remove other bundled adware applications installed on your computer.
Brief Information for ShoppingAdd-on Manual Removal
ShoppingAdd-on is installed as a Windows application. It also has components installed as web browser extensions that interact with the application for running adware activities such as spying on your web browsing history and displaying ads that match it. These ShoppingAdd-on adware components are related, and you need to remove or disable web browser extensions that otherwise can cause error messages in your web browsers or let ShoppingAdd-on application be restored trough online connection.
- YOU CAN uninstall ShoppingAdd-on application as any other program if the uninstaller for ShoppingAdd-on is not missed or removed.
- YOU HAVE TO uninstall web browser extensions from your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer that are infected with ShoppingAdd-on.
You need to complete both of these steps for uninstalling ShoppingAdd-on. Remove ShoppingAdd-on components from all of web browsers listed above even if you use only one because adware might come back if you fail to complete ShoppingAdd-on removal process.
Automated ShoppingAdd-on Removal
The advantage of automated ShoppingAdd-on removal is obvious when it comes to possibility of other bundled adware and more serious computer infections present on your computer. ShoppingAdd-on and like adware is often bundled with similar products, and you need to identify malicious programs before you can remove them from your computer.
SpyHunter can find and remove all malicious programs for you. Reliable malware detection, timely updated virus database, and professional support all guarantee you success in ShoppingAdd-on and other malware removal. Learn more…
Detailed removal guide placed below can help you to manually remove ShoppingAdd-on. However, it will be more difficult to find and remove bundled adware and other malicious programs without effective tools and professional help offered by Enigma Software Group.
Step 1. Manually Uninstall ShoppingAdd-on Application
For uninstalling ShoppingAdd-on you need to use Windows utility for removing installed applications. It is placed in Control Panel section. The way of accessing Control Panel is different on different Windows versions. Though, this utility for uninstalling Windows applications is practically the same on all of the currently used Windows’ versions.
Uninstall ShoppingAdd-on – Windows 8
- Right click “Start” button or lower left corner of your desktop to open the “Quick Access Menu“.
- Select “Control Panel” option in the menu.
- Click “Uninstall a Program” to open the list of installed programs.
- Find “ShoppingAdd-on“, select it, and click “Remove” to uninstall ShoppingAdd-on.
Uninstall ShoppingAdd-on – Windows 7, Vista
- Click on “Start” button placed at the bottom left corner.
- Click “Control Panel” option in the Start menu
- Find “Programs and Features” option in the Control Panel menu
- Scroll through the program list and highlight ShoppingAdd-on program. Then, click “Remove“
Uninstall ShoppingAdd-on – Windows XP
- Click on “Start” button at the bottom left corner on your desktop.
- Select “Control Panel” in the menu, or click on “Settings” option and select “Control Panel“
- Find and double-click on “Add / Remove Programs” option in the Control Panel menu
- Scroll through the program list and highlight ShoppingAdd-on program. Then, click “Remove“
Look for other suspicious programs and remove them. If you are not sure what some program is for, then use SpyHunter’s free scanner for detecting malicious programs that you need to remove for safety.
What Can You Do if ShoppingAdd-on Won’t Uninstall?
1) If you cannot find ShoppingAdd-on in the list of installed Windows programs, then the uninstaller for ShoppingAdd-on is not working, or is removed. Then, you find and manually remove installed components of ShoppingAdd-on adware from your computer. Use the standard Windows “Search” utility. Search for files and folders that have “ShoppingAdd-on” as a part of the name, and you will get locations on your disk where ShoppingAdd-on components reside. You can find adware in “Program Files” and “Application Data” folders, but search is not optional for precise detection.
2) If you get error messages while trying to uninstall ShoppingAdd-on, then close your web browser first. Use your mobile device for accessing this guide, or save it as a text file, and close your web browsers before you try to uninstall ShoppingAdd-on again. Disconnect your computer from the Internet during removal. This will help to block any malicious attempt to interfere with your effort and help to uninstall ShoppingAdd-on and similar adware.
3) Use SpyHunter for easy and safe uninstall. It will help you to remove all malicious programs found on your computer and provide you with a real-time protection against malware. It helps to block attempts to alter your network settings for remote control and malicious activities.
Step 2. Uninstall ShoppingAdd-on from Your Web Browsers
You need to remove ShoppingAdd-on extension, add-on, or BHO (browser helper object) from your web browser. Below is a list of instructions for an easiest way of getting this job done. You just reset your Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox because these web browsers are mostly used and frequently infected. This process will remove all extensions and fix malicious settings that redirect listed web browsers to promotional websites.
Reset Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome
- Click on the browser “Menu button” (three bars in the right top corner)
- Select “Settings” menu option
- Find a link “Show advanced settings” and click it
- Scroll all the way down and click “Reset browser settings” button
- Click on “Reset” to confirm the operation
Important: If you want to save other Chrome extensionsand your personal settings, then you need to only remove ShoppingAdd-on extension from your web browser instead of running reset command.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer
- Click on “Settings” (“wrench” icon) in the right top corner
- Click on “Internet Options“
- Click on tab “Advanced“
- Find “Reset” button and click it
- Enable the option “Delete personal Settings“
- Click on “Reset” button
- Restart your browser
Important: If you want to save other extensions installed in your Internet Explorer, then you need to only remove ShoppingAdd-on browser helper object from your web browser instead of making reset.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox
- Click on “Menu” (tree bars in in the right top corner)
- Select “Help” and click “Troubleshooting information“
- Click on “Reset Firefox“
- Click on “Reset Firefox” to confirm the operation
- Click on “Finish” to restart Firefox
Important: If you want to save other Firefox add-ons and your personal information stored in the web browser, then you need to only remove ShoppingAdd-on add-on from your web browser instead of using browser reset.
ShoppingAdd-on Removal Tool
ShoppingAdd-on removal tool is a part of SpyHunter that detects and removes malware and other unwelcome programs that computer users want to remove. It offers free professional support and helps to protect your Windows system against future infections.
SpyHunter offers quality detection and clean malware removal. It can find and fix problems missed by competing products. Moreover, this product is not limited to software performance. It includes free professional malware removal support that fixes problems related to mutating viruses and stubborn computer infections. Successful result is guaranteed.
Summary of ShoppingAdd-on Removal Process
Adware programs compromise your security and privacy. They are wide-spread today and often deceptively installed. Adware consists of Windows applications and plugins installed in web browser for displaying ads and tracking your browsing history. You can remove ShoppingAdd-on both automatically and manually.
Look at the list of steps for ShoppingAdd-on manual removal and perform all the procedures listed below as they apply to your particular computer system.
Uninstall ShoppingAdd-on from your computer:
- Uninstall ShoppingAdd-on from Windows 8
- Uninstall ShoppingAdd-on from Windows 7 and Vista
- Uninstall ShoppingAdd-on from Windows XP
Remove ShoppingAdd-on from infected web browsers:
- Uninstall ShoppingAdd-on from Google Chrome
- Uninstall ShoppingAdd-on from Internet Explorer
- Uninstall ShoppingAdd-on from Mozilla Firefox
Problems related to ShoppingAdd-on removal:
Note: You can use SpyHunter instead of performing all the steps listed above. Advanced malware scanner is a great help for your manual removal effort, and it is free. If you suspect that there are more malicious programs running on your PC and in your web browsers, then you need somehow to detect them before you can eliminate danger to your security and privacy. Download a free malware scanner that will provide you with actual and detailed information about malicious and unsafe programs found on your computer. This information helps to manually remove infected files and registry keys. You can use this software for automated removal process that will uninstall ShoppingAdd-on and other like malicious programs. SpyHunter offers free professional support and helps to protect your system against future infections and threats similar to ShoppingAdd-on.